Thursday, October 11, 2012

Le Domestique



That glass cube behind JoJo is our shower!
Toby slumming with the binkies
So far so good. Nothing too crazy to report yet, but things are moving along well. I'll have our guest blogger, Jeni, describe her first day on the job a bit later. The hotel that we found (OK'd by Jeni's office travel service, mind you) is really really nice. It certainly exceeds our Euro-expectations. The boys have settled in well, but I think they're going to miss this Beverly Hills lifestyle. The decor is quite modern with hip electro-lounge music piped in everywhere, and the staff is Tipp-Topp friendly (that's our second Luxembourgish word meaning 'super'). They even brought Toby a special dog bed today since he had been slumming it on the side chair with some old blankets from home. It appears he prefers the Grande Ducal's bedding to those we brought along.

 
Yeah, he literally kicked the old binkies to the floor!
Aside from the amazing view of the Centre City, this room boasts an incredible shower. Granted it's smack dab in the middle of the room, but who cares...


It rains up in here!
The rain shower is a great amenity, and it's been quite helpful since I've been walking the entire city not only to get the boys their exercise but also to get my bearings. I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but Luxembourg is a city full of stairs. I've been climbing up and down this bloody ravine for days now! It sure is beautiful, though.

Our hotel is situated between the Gare District and Bonnevoie. We have tons of Cafes and Restaurant quite close by, and I even found some nice hiking trails right here in the heart of Luxembourg...who knew?


Just a random hiking trail off the side streets in Bonnevoie
I have the first viewing for an apartment scheduled in the Belair neighborhood. Geographically this may be quite nice. Belair is situated just north of the Centre on the east side of the city which is closer to Jeni's work. Since her work is just about 7 miles east of Luxembourg City she won't be competing with all of the people pouring into town each morning. There's also a huge park in this neighborhood with great access to the Petrusse Valley. 

There are so many great places yet to be explored. I'll be on my way back out soon to check out Hollerich and Limpertsberg. I'll leave you with a final picture...this is what I found after returning from one of my excursions.

I really don't know what goes through his head!?



Toby obviously used the abundance of luggage to build a scaffold in order to hang out on the desk for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment